Sunnyside Pet Cremation Services
Professional and Caring Individual Pet Crematorium
A private, family run pet crematorium in the East Midlands from our smallholding on the borders of Swadlincote South Derbyshire, Burton on Trent East Staffordshire and Ashby-de-la-Zouch North West Leicestershire. We are nestled in the heart of the National Forest on the outskirts of Derby, with easy access from the M42 and A38.
Covid-19 Update: We wish to reassure our customers that we are here for you for private pet cremation. We have thought very carefully about the safety of our customers, ourselves and our family during these worrying times, and have introduced extra safety measures. These measures are temporary and override any other details of our service on this website. Please read carefully before your visit.
We are hoping for good health for you, your family and your pets during these difficult times, and to resume our usual service soon. Stay safe everyone.
- Please stay away if you or a member of your household have symptoms of Covid-19.
- Visits to our crematorium are limited to essential, such as bringing pets and collecting ashes. We cannot accommodate additional viewing visits or witnessed cremations during this time.
- Your pet will be brought into our premises as soon as you arrive. Please wrap your pet in just one blanket or towel, to enable them to be transferred easily onto our trolley. Blankets cannot be returned. To maintain a 2m distance at all times I can take your pet from the car but not directly from the arms of the owner. You can choose to place your pet on our trolley yourselves, but if you wish me to do this please maintain the 2m distance.
- We have limited the number of people coming into our reception room to view caskets to just one, and will carry out as much of the appointment outside as possible with the majority of paperwork completed before the cremation appointment. Accompanying family members will be asked to wait in their car, with the opportunity to say goodbye to their pet in privacy at the end of the appointment in a safe, open fronted space.
- Payment can be made by debit card, cash, or in advance by bank transfer or debit card by telephone. Our card machine keypad is disinfected before and after each use and we would ask those paying by cash to try to use the correct change.
- I am wearing gloves for the entire appointment and hand sanitiser is available for customer use. After cremation I will wear gloves when handling all items to be handed back to the customer.
- We would prefer our customers not to use our toilet, which is in our family's private area.
- I am offering collection directly from the vets in Swadlincote, Ashby, Stapenhill and Hartshorne free of charge.
- Collections from homes are front doorstep only and charged at our normal rate. As with visits to our premises, I cannot take pets directly from the arms of the owner and ask your pet is wrapped in a single, clean blanket or towel. Please tell me before collection if there are any contagious health issues (either human or pet) I should be aware of.
As animal lovers we know how difficult it is when it is time to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Our promise to you is that your pet will be treated with love, care and dignity whilst with us. You can be assured that your pet will be given an individual cremation here on our site and all of his or her ashes will be returned to you, usually the next working day.
At Sunnyside Pet Cremation Services we are able to look after any pet after its final days, from a small hamster to a large dog. No matter what size or type of pet you ask us to look after, he or she will be given the best care.
From the moment your pet comes into our care up until the time you take away the ashes we will operate a strict and thorough paperwork process so that you can be sure that you receive all of your, and only your pet’s ashes.
We can tailor any cremation to suit your individual requirements. If you would like your pet to remain in his or her favourite blanket during the cremation process or have a favourite toy or personal tribute to place with your pet then of course we are happy to oblige.
You will usually be able to collect your ashes the day after your appointment.
Attending in Person
If you are bringing your pet to us then an appointment will be made so that you can be assured that your pet will be looked after promptly and privately. Appointments can usually made within a relatively short space of time to allow you to bring your pet directly to us once they have passed away. To guarantee a same day appointment we would ask you to please telephone during the morning.
When you arrive at our premises we can help you to take your pet from your car to our Quiet Room. We use a trolley bed for larger pets.
We will take you through to our comfortable and welcoming Meeting Room. Once we have gone through the necessary paperwork with you, we will leave you to spend some time alone with your pet in the Quiet Room if you wish.
Once your pet has passed away we can arrange to collect him or her either from your home or from your vet.
This service is available by prior arrangement to addresses within 30 minutes of our premises in the East Midlands covering Derby, South Derbyshire, East Staffordshire and North West Leicestershire. If you wish us to collect from your vet please notify them of this. We will notify you once your pet’s ashes are ready for collection. You can be assured that your pet will be collected by a member of staff from Sunnyside, and treated with care.
Collections during the week are usually available between 11am and 1pm, depending on distance.
Special Requests and Accompanied Cremations
Being a small, private business we are able to accommodate special request. Please discuss your needs at the time of booking.
By prior arrangement it is occasionally possible to witness the start of your pet's cremation. As an accompanied cremation prevents us from accepting any other pets prior to your appointment it is necessary to charge extra for this service. Visitors in our Cremation Room will be accompanied by a member of staff at all times. Once the cremator is running we will then all leave the cremation room.
Due to the length of time of the cremation process we are unable to allow owners to stay for the duration of their pet's cremation.